Literally straight after Halloween, all shops and windows change drastically, and “Jingle Bells” starts being blared out everywhere at full volume. Part of me can’t stand the commericialism of it all, but part of me loves the cheeriness of everything. (I can’t believe I used to dislike Christmas.)
- Ink ARC by Alice Broadway – Thank you Scholastic for the surprise package!
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh – Found this at Poundland and just had to. #RationalBookworm
- Arcanum Unbounded by Brandon Sanderson
Hardly did any reading at all this month and I’ll tell you why later. BUT I GOT TO READ EMPIRE OF STORMS AND HOLY CAKE. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT ENDING. I was left in a pile of tears and hyperventilating because-
OH READING IS SO RELAXING I TELL PEOPLE WHEN THEY ASK ME WHY I LIKE READING.
BIGGEST. LIE. EVER. TOLD.
*slams book on table*
*screams curses at it*
*throws it across the room*
Yep. It’s relaxing.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them came out this month~ I felt like I was the only Harry Potter fan that wasn’t ultra hypey about its release. (Don’t kill me.) AND THEN PEOPLE TOOK TO TWITTER AND SCREAMED ABOUT HOW GOOD IT WAS AND THAT IT MAY BETTER THAN HARRY POTTER???? Now I want to watch it.
- I GOT A MUSIC STAND. (Ok, this is probably only cool for me. But it’s cool. Cool enough to go in this section.) I’ve been doing music for who knows how many years. Probably since I could sing/cry as a newborn. (That’s music. Well, it was to me then.) But seriously, I don’t know why it took me so long. Probably because every time I had the money, I’d go to a freaking bookshop. BUT GUYS. MY FIRST MUSIC STAND.
What Have I Been Up To?
November has been a CRAZY week for me. Which is why I barely blogged at ALL during this month. (SOWWY GUYS *gives apology cake* I wasn’t neglecting you all on purpose!)
My mum was admitted to hospital on Friday night because the doctors basically screamed “EMERGENCY.” That left me to cover for her Friday and Saturday shift at her takeaway job. Also left me with her unfinished things to do. And my ickle brother of 11 years. Saturday morning was a frenzy of phone calls, errands and BLAH.
When I found out she had been admitted to hospital on Friday evening, I ended up taking a damn taxi to the hospital with a bag of stuff to take. I was crazy exhausted after the shift, and so had to down a mug on coffee at 11pm. Ended up going to bed at 3am in the morning.
An older sibling of mine rushed to hospital at midnight (after being woken by my brother-in-law) when I told them, and she lives in another city…My older brother was in Switzerland at the time so he couldn’t do much, except call me an Uber. Needless to say, I was allowed to tease my mum for being a drama queen and having her kids rush from all over the place to see her. 🙂
So that was frantic. I was exhausted at school and couldn’t do much of my homework. My mum’s ok now so it’s cool.
Fast forward a bit, I now had a flute competition to worry about. Have never entered a music competition in MY LIFE. Was I petrified? Yes. *hides behind a chair* To make things worse, my wrist and part of my arm is all bandaged up 🙂
Long story short (I don’t want you guys to fall asleep. I’ve already said too much up there and don’t want this too long!), I won my category and got a trophy. Then I got told I had to do it ALL OVER AGAIN because now I had to compete for Performer of the Year. I wasn’t mega pleased about that news, and neither am I mega pleased about the trophy. COOL. YOU’RE SHINY. BUT I HAVE NO SPACE FOR YOU. *glares at box*
Seriously. It’s been in its cardboard box on the floor since I got it, and I only took it out once to snap a photo for the blog. OH THE THINGS I DO FOR YOU GUYS.
YOUR TUUUUUURN! Tell me your highlight of November!